Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So, a few things happened  (Read 860 times)

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
So, a few things happened
« on: August 09, 2014, 12:49:34 am »

The outpost liaison came with news from the mountainhomes, aparently a few things happened this last year

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Apparently my civ is being systematically destroyed by those gobbos.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So, a few things happened
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 02:27:42 am »

I've had similar, except nowhere near as much on the page.

Turns out that, whilst they're destroying your entire civilisation, they don't even know of your existence, with a grand total of 0 attacks
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 02:36:38 am »

Indeed, not a single gobbo or kobold here, they might be too busy pillaging elsewhere.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 03:41:26 am »

Hopefully ambushes/sieges will be fixed with the next version, so they can come pillage you as well as the rest of the your civ.

I tend to get nothing but "The world is the same", or whatever it is, after a few years. But I've been playing mostly dead civs lately, so they probably don't have anyone to conquer.

When non Fort sieges stop being 100% successful it will probably be a little more varied.

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 07:24:56 am »

Hopefully ambushes/sieges will be fixed with the next version, so they can come pillage you as well as the rest of the your civ.

I tend to get nothing but "The world is the same", or whatever it is, after a few years. But I've been playing mostly dead civs lately, so they probably don't have anyone to conquer.

When non Fort sieges stop being 100% successful it will probably be a little more varied.

The sieges not coming except only once is a known bug and one that Toady One has already fixed for 40.07.  Had to do with an invasion flag not being properly updated after an invasion I believe.  Bug is already solved.  As is the dwarves breeding like animals.

I'm not even playing until 40.07 releases, those two bug fixes make the game for me.  What's the point of having 55 infants if you can't use them as baby shields against goblin hordes?
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

Parhelion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 10:12:55 am »

Me too.  I get up every morning to check the main page in the hopes 07 has been released.  D:   The suspense is killing me.

I am also excited about the prospect of Toady possibly fixing the 'seigers always win' thing, since long-lived fortresses will always end up in a goblin-dominated universe if it isn't. 

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 06:12:10 pm »

I retired the fort and visited with an adventurer.
Started a conversation with the manager who was properly sitting at his office:

-Me: How have things been?
-Manager: Well, let's see... we've got armies on the march, beast, criminals, bandits, skulking vermin, bone-chilling horror and brewing trouble with our neighbors.

Apparently this bone-chilling horror is a necromancer tower that never invaded.

Also I visited my mines and found a countess milling around, which is weird because I didnt have any countess, only two barons.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 06:27:59 pm »

That's the bug where invasions are always successful, I think.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑