Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Babiesplosion  (Read 2907 times)

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
Re: Babiesplosion
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2014, 06:53:34 pm »

It seems that older migrated saves are unaffected.
I disagree, I migrated a save from 40.05 to 40.06. First child was a bastid son of one of the founding miners and a farmer. They weren't married nor lovers. Could be that the bug was around for 40.05 too? Don't remember hearing about it until this version.
I have been running a migrated save from .4, I've played three ingame years with no bastards in .6. So I'm not sure what the difference would be.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2014, 07:40:19 pm »

It seems that older migrated saves are unaffected.
I disagree, I migrated a save from 40.05 to 40.06. First child was a bastid son of one of the founding miners and a farmer. They weren't married nor lovers. Could be that the bug was around for 40.05 too? Don't remember hearing about it until this version.
I have been running a migrated save from .4, I've played three ingame years with no bastards in .6. So I'm not sure what the difference would be.
I dunno. Mine was a really early fort. Like, "still in the first year when it got moved to 40.06" early. Could be that since no children were born during the time it was in 40.05 then the bug took effect after being moved to 40.06 and getting the first child.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2014, 01:57:15 pm »

Heh.  A while back, I'd conceived (no pun intended) of  DF story in which the main character had a bitter rivalry with the daughter of a noble, who had a reputation as the 'fort mattress'.  A friend said, "Well, according to lore, dwarves aren't really like that..." so I shelved it (main character was an engraver and in order to get back at her nasty rival engraved the dining room with scenes of said slutty noble's daughter getting round and was thusly expelled and forced to lead six other criminals out into the wolds to found a new fort blah blah) but maybe it's not so far fetched, bug or no :D
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.
Pages: 1 2 [3]