Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Farming help?  (Read 1220 times)

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Farming help?
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2014, 12:28:40 pm »

One thing I notice that slows down pretty much all food related work, is that when people go to, say, pick up seeds from the dining room, in an effort to speed things up (To keep people from carrying one seed at a time) they carry the seed container downstairs to pick up the seeds. But that means that the farmers can't plant anything as they interpret that as NO MORE SEEDS and will send that message because the game judges seeds in transit as non-existent.

Use stockpile workarounds.

I'm also having planting trouble - but in this case somehow my plump helmet spawn have all disappeared. Are vermin getting them?  Are they not generated with brewing anymore?  I'm mystified.

Are the spawn (seeds) really gone, or are you just getting cancellation spam saying that they are?  Check the z -> Kitchen screen and see how many you have.  If it's nonzero, then you're probably just having the same problem Bormac is.

If they truly are gone, the most likely problem is that you cooked them.  Cooking a plant destroys the seeds.  I strongly recommend you go to z -> Kitchen and disable all plant cooking.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 12:30:21 pm by greycat »
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz
Pages: 1 [2]