Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: quick question  (Read 396 times)

Cein929

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
quick question
« on: August 02, 2014, 02:05:46 am »

howdy, came back to DF due to the new version's arrival

sometimes my cook cancels a cooking action due to "needs unrotten cookable item"
how can i prevent this? or fix this?

also, for prepared meals, do i need two seperate ingredients to make an easy meal? for example could i make an easy meal with two different types of egg?

any help would be appreciated :)

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: quick question
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 03:09:04 am »

He cancels the cooking because the items required aren't available. Whether that's because you don't have any, because they're not allowed for cooking (z->kitchen to see what can and can't be cooked/brewed), or because it's being hauled by another dwarf for eating/storing.

Making efficient stockpiles can help with this, although someone else would have to help you out there, mine are pretty average, I just deal with the spam.

As for what's required in cooking, I honestly don't know, although 2 of the same items can work, but there may be certain types of foods required to be involved. E.G you can make plump helmet roast with just plump helmets and nothing else, but I'm not sure if two stacks of eggs would work, never tried
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: quick question
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 02:39:54 pm »

Any combination of cookable ingredients is valid, so long as the first ingredient is a solid (not booze, not syrup).
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz