Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Leftover merchants, how to deal whit them?  (Read 409 times)

Mokkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Leftover merchants, how to deal whit them?
« on: August 03, 2014, 03:11:48 pm »

It seems some of the human and refuse takeawys (elfs) have decided my fort is to nice to leave, or that FB that first burst out of my well then out next to the trade depot scared them silly, as they have hund around my map for 3-5 years now. Any way to get them to leave or expire whitout creating war or loss of iron items brought to trade. (nothing but tetrahedrite, gold and spoiler metals found on this map)..

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Leftover merchants, how to deal whit them?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 03:15:59 pm »

the merchants that got locked in my depot do to zombie invasion all went mad after a few months, as normal.  If yours are just chilling you should make sure they are actually merchants and not something else like non-hostile bandits. 

Also, if they just happened to be atom smashed i'm sure the humans would forgive you after a while.  the elves don't bring iron anyway, always atom smash elves.

Mokkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Leftover merchants, how to deal whit them?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 03:18:44 pm »

elves bring food and animals, as my fort seem to be in a barren place. (untill I dig the topsoil layer), any extra food and seed is needed.
and yes, they are merchants, I checked, also their packanimals are resting all over my fort, and even in some of the caverns.

edit*
Oh. and thanks for the tip of atomising them, can see if I can do that. might be hard whit some of their placements..
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 05:18:51 am by Mokkun »