Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Plants and Metal preferences  (Read 429 times)

Prospekt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Plants and Metal preferences
« on: August 03, 2014, 09:54:53 am »

Where I can see list of new crops? What things i can make from new plants (meal, thread, brewer.. )?

Material preferences has string: "dark metal" , "glazing metal".. What it means? Is it a set of metal?

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
Re: Plants and Metal preferences
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 10:23:20 am »

It's a new special secret metal found in special secret places.
Deepblade's Standardized Creature Parts, for when you're pissed about all the different types of animal products there are.

Miuramir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 10:27:55 am »

Where I can see list of new crops? What things i can make from new plants (meal, thread, brewer.. )?

As with many questions, the ultimate answer is "in the raws".  The wiki is a work in progress; try Garden vegetable for many of the new items.  Note that the game may not properly implement everything yet; keep an eye on the dev page for updates.  (In particular, harvesting fruit from trees doesn't work yet.)  Make sure you're using the most current update (as of this writing, 0.40.05). 

Material preferences has string: "dark metal" , "glazing metal".. What it means? Is it a set of metal?

This release has more procedurally generated materials; right now, they're limited to "special materials" (metal and cloth) used in the newest sorts of Hidden Fun Stuff.  Each world (seed) will be different.  While this is all very nifty and the start of a major future feature, for the moment ordinary dwarves shouldn't have preferences for such rare and exotic things.  This (the preferences) is a bug listed as fixed for the next version (presumably 0.40.06, not yet available). 

Prospekt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 10:39:35 am »

Thank you Miuramir, thank you Deepblade.