Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: since my first fight...  (Read 595 times)

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
since my first fight...
« on: August 03, 2014, 03:00:25 am »

playing again after a long break; i did a few test forts and now i got a pretty nice one going; i have had a few creatures attack but i didn't have many problems until the first siege.

my problem is that at the main entrance to my fort there are new several goblin corpses and one giant's corpse, roughly 20% of my population; upon seeing the corpses will cancel their tasks because they are horrified.

im sure you're asking why not just dispose of them? well, i can't.  i have a trash dump set at the of the river at the waterfall and have a refuse stockpile but the dwarves just never actually remove them. i even made a special room for refuse and corpses close by with a burrow and a few  peasants hoping they would be forced to but they just stood around with no job.

how do i solve this? do i need to designate the affected dwarves in a burrow that is only inside the fort?

Mortimer1066

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: since my first fight...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 03:15:19 am »

You need to make sure you set the orders for your dwarves to gather refuse from the outside.

It should be in the menu under o - set orders and options r - refuse then o - gather from outside.  You may turn it off again once the bodies are gone if the dwarves get too busy

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: since my first fight...
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 03:16:25 am »

totally forgot about orders; thanks