Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What races are totally updated?  (Read 1296 times)

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
What races are totally updated?
« on: April 28, 2015, 01:51:27 pm »

Sorry if this was mentioning before.

I was playing DFMWReborn (last version) with Gnomes, after playing for hour, I was trying to create some automatons, and I realized there is no Artificer's Workshop for building...

Them now I need ask what races are complety updated?

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: What races are totally updated?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 05:29:31 pm »

I think it's just dwarves. Kobolds have been officially updated as well, though they have some features removed as a result of the siege forcing no longer working so they can't steal things anymore.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 07:50:18 pm »

It's not really updated, as rewrote. The content will be different, you will not find 100% the same things.

Dwarves are pretty finished, Succubi are one update behind of what Boltgun has written, Gnomes are... partly done(?). IndigoFenix is not currently working on them so I cant really say. Kobolds are also pretty much finished, but due to being a low-tech above-ground race they reach their end-game pretty fast.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nuhaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 07:03:08 pm »

I wouldn't really say they are finished. We are still missing most of the interesting DFHack content. It feels a lot like vanilla DF at the moment, except with more possibilities for each material.
Before this mod, I never pitied the bad guys in any of the fantasy novels I'd read. The undead lich king always seemed like such an uber-menace, but now I know his secret pain of having morons for minions, a vampire doctor just waiting for him to go to sleep, and a constant feeling of anger and depression because he's one armor stand short in his bedroom suite.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 03:18:17 am »

The most reported issue of MW that it was an overwhelming bloat, so MW reborn will be a bit different from 6.2 with more focus on balance between the races. Each one will have less features and a more consistent gameplay.

Races that are finished are dwarves and kobold, but it is as finished as DF itself, next update will bring libraries, temple and taverns so I guess the current library will have to be reviewed and at the same time new additions will be possible.