Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: So lets talk browser games.  (Read 4502 times)

GirlscoutBob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So lets talk browser games.
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2016, 04:07:37 pm »

Illyriad, https://illyriad.co.uk/,  is a city building mmo type browser game I've been playing for years. It is sloooooooooooooooow paced, but nice to have open in the background. You do need to log in once every 60-90 days to prevent account deletion, and I do forget about the game for months at a time, but I always come back to my cities still standing. There's a small bay12 alliance in Illy.

The same devs are also working on Age of Ascent, https://www.ageofascent.com/, an html5 space shooty browser game that looks very promising. It has a public play test once a week or so.

Eek-A-Mouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2016, 05:58:29 pm »

On this subject ... what was the browser game where you have a party of units, can dungeon crawl or take over cities, join other players and create kingdoms? Neither might and fealty nor battlemaster - had a more typical roguelike movement system -  but I remember a large bay12 thread about it. Looked but am missing it somehow?

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2016, 07:21:58 pm »

Crown of Conquest

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2016, 09:30:38 pm »

Supremacy 1914 is a pretty nice rts game considering its for browser, I've been playing it on and off for the last few months. http://www.supremacy1914.com/

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2016, 09:35:09 pm »

Factory Idle where you create increasingly complex factories using conveyor belt and assembly machines to produce components that you then sell (or research for new stuff). It's like if factorio was an idle game (and without aliens.) more or less, and a really good take on the whole thing. I'll admit I didn't actually get around to the total endgame (for various reasons including a bit of boredom.) but for the days that I did play this this was one of the best idle games I've played. !!Warning!! you gota like it to, well, like it. If you don't want to play factorio tetris you're not going to enjoy this game. If you do like factorio tetris, you'll love this game.
You are a horrible person for getting me into this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
$40 billion more and I can take over that last empty space, although I'll probably be buying up more plots on the second map first, since they're cheaper.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2016, 10:11:52 pm »

On this subject ... what was the browser game where you have a party of units, can dungeon crawl or take over cities, join other players and create kingdoms? Neither might and fealty nor battlemaster - had a more typical roguelike movement system -  but I remember a large bay12 thread about it. Looked but am missing it somehow?
Crown of conquest. I believe the name was changed to kingdoms though.
Pages: 1 2 [3]