Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tracking down a GCS  (Read 613 times)

ComatosePhoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tracking down a GCS
« on: July 23, 2014, 09:50:42 pm »

So I recently breached the caverns, and as per the usual missed a Giant Cave spider sneaking up the main mine shaft. the spider killed one of my dwarfs, wounded another (though he is making a spectacular recovery) and in general caused havoc with the population. The most confounding thing is I didn't manage to kill it.
combat log:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

at the end of that the Cave Spider just Dissapeared. and in the unit list shows up as missing. now I was watching the whole thing and was (F)ollowing the cave spider, the fight happened on the stairs in the middle of the fortress. How the heck did it vanish and where did it go? 

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
Re: Tracking down a GCS
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 10:57:30 pm »

With the last hit 'cleaving asunder' the spider's cephalothorax which contains it's brain and other head-parts I would think that it should have died... perhaps in dying it's corpse fell down the stairs? I think it will be 'missing' in the units list until a dwarf sees the corpse but I'm a little out of touch with the new release so defiantly not sure.

Getix Kain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 01:53:55 am »

I've killed a few Kea Men/Women and they are still listed as "MISSING" even if my dwarves have hauled the body to the refuse stockpile.

ComatosePhoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 08:17:48 am »

so basically the dwarf hit it so hard it splattered everywhere, got into the dwarfs eyes, and therefor wasn't able to confirm it dead.

this might actually be a glitch because the only things that show up deceased on my screen are things that I have slaughtered, a yak that starved to death, and the dwarf. everything else shows up as missing, including a cave crocodile that I know I killed, and several monkeys.

weird.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 07:51:29 pm »

check your stocks menu for corpses and body parts...