Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ghost army  (Read 650 times)

bontrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
ghost army
« on: July 25, 2014, 09:36:22 am »

so i have a 10,000 year old world i genned(cull history else it would have taken me months) ::)
 and the world had the following when i started: 1 goblin tower: about 20 necro towers. no dwarf civ left alive that i can see.
i start a new map, queenie is sitting there in the wagon. i die, first invasion. i seed about 7 or so forts with max/wep armor chars
i retire them and reclaim the mountain-home. i seal it immediately and put up mason/craftsdwarf for engraving slabs, because one of the seeded forts took apparently.
so i don't always get the slabs engraved fast enough. sometimes the dorfs get haunted.

but

something odd happened

see when migrants come in i draft them and throw them at the closest zombie(which is usually a the same lasher, now a legend in his own right)
two ghosts popped up, and they were pissed... at the zombies
one keeps going trance while surrounded by 10-15 of these zombies(which are nigh impossible to kill since the update)
the other is trading blows with a different zombie a ways off
so my thought is thus: is he dealing damage? or just firing a ghostly crossbow?

edit i think he took one down:

edit: these are caravan dead so i cannot memorialize them. the marksdwarf actually took time off poking goblin zombies to harrass my legendary miner for a few months
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 12:18:39 pm by bontrose »