Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Most Deaths Are Reported As "Missing"  (Read 837 times)

Brunste

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Most Deaths Are Reported As "Missing"
« on: July 25, 2014, 01:57:45 pm »

So I'm not certain if this is a bug or intentional, but is anyone else having an issue where the majority of things that die in your fortress are given the "Missing" tag in the Dead/Missing tab? I've had entire sieges that my military repelled, and once all their corpses had been hauled to the corpse stockpile by citizens their tags hadn't changed from "Missing."

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Most Deaths Are Reported As "Missing"
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 02:08:27 pm »

This is a bug with the changes to the death/noticing death system. I've had some of my own dwarves die and even after being dragged through the dining hall in full view of everyone, they're still Missing.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Brunste

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 02:12:41 pm »

Is there anyway to fix this? It seems none of my statue makers/engravers want to make awesome images depicting my soldiers killing giants if they didn't see it happen.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 02:31:03 pm »

You could try dumping the corpse in the middle of a hallway or something, I suppose. You might need to let it rot first, though, so the miasma doesn't give dwarves bad thoughts.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 02:33:46 pm »

It is fixed for the next version. Bookmark this link : http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/changelog_page.php

Brunste

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 03:37:42 pm »

It is fixed for the next version. Bookmark this link : http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/changelog_page.php
Oh awesome. That's great to hear. Hopefully the next update is compatible with old saves.

For the mean time I guess I'll kill things within sight of my citizens. That seemed to work with when some of my soldiers died.