Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Caravan destruction problem. Bug? Weremarmot?  (Read 747 times)

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
Caravan destruction problem. Bug? Weremarmot?
« on: July 26, 2014, 07:28:10 am »

The problem is related to dwarven caravan, but caravan problem started two months earlier, when seemingly happy caravan of humans heading home was partially destroyed by a weremarmot. (the story recapitulated in the spoiler below, to prevent clutter)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now when the dwarven caravan came, with two wagons, some merchant and the first wagon passed the bridge safely, but the second wagon was destroyed instantly just before the bridge. This horrified the wagon merchant, and after some deliberation he fled, together with his yaks. Other merchants and the first wagon were not horrified, but they also resigned and ran back through the bridge and off the map.

Problem is I don't know why the wagon was disintegrated. All items and wagon logs are left, just like the wagon from human caravan, which still lies by the bridge (but other side). What could have caused that? I have a save shortly before that event (it's reproducible, and happens every time I try), and I'm considering sending this as a bug report or something, but I'm not sure if this isn't some weird but known and expected behaviour.

Another thing is, the items from both caravans are coloured purple it the stock list, like stolen, including items I sold to the first caravan. But items I bought from the first caravan were also retroactively marked purple. This is an inconsistency - at least one of the three possible groups (items I bought, items I sold, items brought by caravans but not traded) shouldn't be purple, the first group most logically. I don't remember this behaviour from 0.34.x.

Third thing - how long does last the terror/horrified state of my people? They randomly stop doing whatever they are doing because they are horrified. I suppose this is the shock after that weremarmot attack. That was two months earlier though, I think they should forget about it.

As for the reason this accident happened, I have three theories:
1. Magical IED used by elven rebels. They don't like I'm on friendly terms with elves (I buy their meagre goods) and attacked my really profitable trade route. But I've never heard about any rebels.
2. Something felt on the wagon from overhanging trees. But I see no change in the canopy, and no new objects on the ground (apart from wagon remains and cargo), and no announcement or combat reports.
3. The destruction of second wagon happens exactly the moment the first wagon driver moves onto the tile with remains of the human caravan wagon. Might be a coincidence, but also some hidden trigger or buggy code.