Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Embark Profiles get cut off  (Read 391 times)

Xanatoss

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Embark Profiles get cut off
« on: July 25, 2014, 01:31:32 pm »

Greetings!
I have a Problem that keeps buging me.
My goal is to make an embark profile that contains every kind of meat, fish, milk etc to maximize the amount of barrels I get and free me from the seemingly neverending manual process.
Problem is, upon loading it only the first ~2 pages get used while the rest is ignored. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a method to extend that cap?

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: Embark Profiles get cut off
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 02:12:39 pm »

I don't see this on the bug tracker, so you may want to report it there.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 02:35:10 pm »

Check your gamelog.txt and errorlog.txt for any relevant messages - it's possible you're trying to add materials that aren't available to your civilization.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 07:01:39 pm »

Greetings!
I have a Problem that keeps buging me.
My goal is to make an embark profile that contains every kind of meat, fish, milk etc to maximize the amount of barrels I get and free me from the seemingly neverending manual process.
Problem is, upon loading it only the first ~2 pages get used while the rest is ignored. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a method to extend that cap?
I usually try doing this, you can save a profile but when you re-use it it will only load the items that are available to your new civ. You can see what wasn't loaded on the "p"roblems list
Although for some reason eggs never get loaded.

I you want to maximize "free" embark containers, namely buying anything that costs less or equal than 3 urists (for 3u you could just buy a wooden log and make the barrel yourself, so you get the item inside the container for free or the container itself and save your dwarves the work of making them) you should buy:
* Every "prepared brain" that costs 3 or less, organs get stacked in the same barrel as meat and it's easier to search for "brain" so no point in buying organs from the same animal, also some vermin like bees and flies don't get "meat" or other organs listed but do only get "brains".
* Extracts, every "milk" and blood excluding the blood from the milkable animals, they gets stored together, also ichor and venom get stored together.
* One either male or female fishes, both genders get stored together.