Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unusable vines?  (Read 993 times)

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
Unusable vines?
« on: July 24, 2014, 01:07:37 pm »

So I have been trying to grow some of the new plants in the 40.XX version, and when I try to grow berries in farm plots (the only ones I have had the seeds/biome to grow so far) I keep getting things like "cranberry vines", which do not appear in the kitchen menu and do not appear to be edible raw, brew-able, cookable, or usable for anything else. When I buy them from embark or caravans they are simply "cranberries", and unlike the vines are edible, cookable, and theoretically brewable*.

* Non-vine cranberries show up in the kitchen tab as brewable, but when I disabled all other options and tried to brew then I got a no brewable item bug. I think that is a different issue from the vine thing though.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Absentia

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
Re: Unusable vines?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 02:13:13 pm »

The plant is called "cranberry vine", and the fruit is called "cranberry", hence the different names. If you've got cranberry vines, it means you've got whole cranberry plants.

Just guessing, since I haven't played with new crops yet, but you might want to see if you can process them at a farmer's workshop. If not, seems like a bug.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 03:11:29 pm »

I cannot seem to process the vines in any way. Has anyone else been able to use them for anything?
Soaplent green is goblins!

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 04:02:12 pm »

I cannot seem to process the vines in any way. Has anyone else been able to use them for anything?
It's been reported as a bug.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!