Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: LCS: getting a network of squad members  (Read 1341 times)

Crinkles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
LCS: getting a network of squad members
« on: August 12, 2014, 07:29:45 pm »

I just started playing the game, and I'm trying to establish a network of squad members for various tasks. That is to say, I want my founder to recruit e.g. a programmer, and then this programmer can recruit other programmers to form a hacking group. My founder recruits a fashion designer, the fashion designer recruits sweatshop workers to make clothes. You get the idea; a tree diagram.

However, I'm having trouble figuring out how to give my immediate subordinates the juice necessary for recruitment without going on activities I'm not interested in (kidnapping, killings, etc.). I've browsed the wiki, but contrary to the information given community service does not seem to provide any juice. Because it's nightmare mode, I don't want to risk graffiti and such, because as I understand it, it will lead to summary execution upon getting caught.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: LCS: getting a network of squad members
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 08:59:53 pm »

There are three avenues to recruitment -- the standard one requires a lot of juice, which is designed to require risky activities like violence and hacking. There are two others that don't require juice, seduction and enlightenment. The cap for seduction is separate from juice and depends on the seduction skill. Enlightenment is the most risky method, since it involves kidnapping and brainwashing Conservatives, but enlightened Conservatives aren't counted against any recruit cap.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 09:11:48 pm »

Nightmare is a bit more tricky, but I would recommend a mix between seduction and enlightenment. They go hand in hand with datenap anyways, and is fairly easy if you got enough members/skilled kidnapper.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 11:18:38 pm »

Yeah it depends on what you want to do. Your hacker will be able to recruit using juice from xer hacking escapades, but your seamstress won't, so you'll need to use some other method like seduction for xer. Juice will help any of the recruitment methods, since it raises your base stats and thus your boni (and, for seduction, the max of your seduction skill, which caps your seducees).

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 02:32:39 am »

Right now I just train up stealth in the apartments by running away from conservatives in the closest apartment to the exit. So if I get seen I can just run away. Then start stealth killing people for mad juice increase with no criminal record.