Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Artifact chair: It menaces with spikes of clear glass  (Read 5313 times)

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
Re: Artifact chair: It menaces with spikes of clear glass
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 08:04:45 pm »

That construction of that chair is mediocre at best, next time you do something like this forge the chair your self and maybe use metal that isn't of the lowest craftdwarfship.
When you are in a mood you grab the +components+ that are closest, not the ☼components☼ that the all-seeing overseer might want.

Do you mean quality or the type of it? If I put adamantine closer to my forges, then Urist McPossessed will use it over some crappy copper?

They grab the first they can, but respect forbidden items, when Urist McSmith goes moody forbid all the inferior metals leaving only adamantite
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Xazo-Tak

• Bay Watcher
  • *Camping forever*
    • View Profile
Re: Artifact chair: It menaces with spikes of clear glass
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2014, 07:15:32 pm »

That construction of that chair is mediocre at best, next time you do something like this forge the chair your self and maybe use metal that isn't of the lowest craftdwarfship.
When you are in a mood you grab the +components+ that are closest, not the ☼components☼ that the all-seeing overseer might want.

Do you mean quality or the type of it? If I put adamantine closer to my forges, then Urist McPossessed will use it over some crappy copper?
Yup.
I once made sure an artifact bucket was made of adamantine that way.
It menaced with spikes.
It's a pity that menacing with spikes is only a string for now.
How to have recursive Fun:
Have Fun
Reclaim fort
Destroy your main graveyard with a cave-in
Pages: 1 [2]