Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: intresting seeds  (Read 642 times)

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
intresting seeds
« on: November 20, 2007, 04:29:00 pm »

so as im sure most of you know seed 0 produces 0 rejects, but has anyone found anyother seeds where the reject number is the same or similar to the seed number?
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Shujaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: intresting seeds
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 04:50:00 pm »

I don't see what's so interesting about coincidences with numbers   :D

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 06:44:00 pm »

Heh, I got the opposite.  A named world with seed 666 gives a huge range of good mountains.
MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 08:19:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Shujaa:
<STRONG>I don't see what's so interesting about coincidences with numbers    :D</STRONG>

Hmmm once Ive generated a map, where the full NE part [almost 1/4 of the map] was purple. The area was much bigger than on your map. Its a shame that I forgot to save the seed number.
 :confused:

RaSchumann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 10:30:00 pm »

If you still have the region you can export the seed in legends mode. I'm posting this everywhere because I don't think people realize you can do this. You can't have a game running in the region however.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 12:03:00 am »

I genned a world yesterday where there is a gigantic dwarven kingdom in the far south.  The dwarves have over a dozen cities surrounding a massive which is in the middle of a very large mountain range and cut off from the rest of the world- they have little or no contact with other civs.  While this is all very novel, I can't see how it could make for a good game.

Chariot

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 01:12:00 am »

a banana in the southeast

seed isnt useful since im using several mods

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 10:38:00 pm »

Gen'd this last night: (random seed 716854993, random name, v0.27.169.33d, XP32 SP2, 27 rejects, one long one)

Water, magma, sand, soil, wood, possible iron and flux (or not apparently.)  All good right? Now check out the elevations:

That brook from the east (actually Canyon Whispers the Absolute Gladness of Barbs) flows in four levels above the stream Fallpeaceful and falls into the vertical walled canyon right in the middle of the map.

The sand, soil and wood are on all levels; the lowest level actually has white sand instead of yellow.  The magma would seem to be below the surface somewhere.  The only issue is that there are eight different places on the edge that are all separated by cliffs, but that's fixable.

There looks to be another waterfall one region north, but it's farther from the magma.

Follow Fallpeaceful south and there's a magma vent in a haunted valley for the adventurous.  Keep following it and it passes a magma vent next to some mountains which I hear are desirable.

Yeah, those side by side volcanoes result in quite a few magma vents around there.

[ December 04, 2007: Message edited by: Ziusudra ]

Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.