Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How does the dwarves elect the Mayor?  (Read 902 times)

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How does the dwarves elect the Mayor?
« on: July 21, 2014, 09:13:31 pm »

Who do they vote for?

Is it the one they like the most, the oldest, their spouse/kids etc.?

Anybody know?

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com
Re: How does the dwarves elect the Mayor?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 09:17:46 pm »

Dwarves vote the mayor based on his social skills. So, the dwarf with the best social skills will be your mayor.

Bluehawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 04:33:30 pm »

I discovered a vampire in my fort, awarded her with her own military squad of one and stationed her outside near the entrance.  A few weeks later she was elected mayor.

Because of all the *fun* that I have been having in my fort, I have one dwarf who refuses to work or do anything. He has taken to hanging out next to the major all the time. I keep telling him not to go to sleep out there, but I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 04:49:34 pm »

Dwarves vote the mayor based on his social skills. So, the dwarf with the best social skills will be your mayor.
And because vampires live indefinitely, at least until someone stabs them a few times, so they develop excellent social skills for the purposes of not-getting-stabbed.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 04:54:40 pm »

And because vampires live indefinitely, at least until someone stabs them a few times, so they develop excellent social skills for the purposes of not-getting-stabbed.
Until they suffer an "unfortunate accident".
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.