Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trading problems  (Read 415 times)

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trading problems
« on: July 20, 2014, 08:05:07 am »

Is anyone else having massive problems trading in .40.03?  I didn't have any of these issues in earlier versions, but it seems like .03 the merchants (specifically wagons) are so buggy trade is impossible.

My first .40.03 fort, the merchants kept getting horrified (for no discernable reason, not near wild animals or dead things, etc.) and wouldn't trade.

My second .40.03 fort, the merchants got stuck everywhere.  In the woods, on the roads, at the edge of the map, on the edge of the trade depot, once on each other... and then won't trade.  Finally, when one of them climbed up the cliff face and wouldn't leave, I retired the fort.

Now, on my third .40.03 fort, I am having the same problems.  The first human caravan in year 2 (only 2 wagons, fuhgossake) is perma-horrified AND crashes the game after reaching the depot.

Anyone else?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 08:29:32 am by Iamblichos »
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

lianopbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trading problems
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 09:08:33 am »

Yes super buggy.

atm I only construct a Depot when traders are already here and deismantle it as soon as they leave, it seems to help

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 09:17:10 am »

The current fort, every time a wagon comes into the depot, the game crashes.

I really hope Toady fixes this for .04, because it's basically unplayable at this point if you want to trade at all.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 02:43:36 pm »

I have not had these depot/trading problems at all.  Everything works as expected, except that the merchants pack up their wagons & animals at light speed.  (It's not really instantaneous, as someone else claimed.  You can see the item graphics cycling quickly as they pack up.)
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 09:55:50 am »

Interestingly, I had better luck with a depot in a new embark on a flat, rocky waste with few trees.

The one time the merchants wouldn't trade, it's because one of the pack mule-driver-guard combos had climbed a tree on their way to the fort.  Cutting down the tree made them drop all their items and then path to the depot.

Free stuff, plus normal trading!  :)  Win.