Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei :Persona Mod [DF 34.11] (Warning: Still in Alpha)  (Read 14177 times)

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
Re: Shin Megami Tensei :Persona Mod [DF 34.11] (Warning: Still in Alpha)
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 04:03:38 pm »

I also remember being a hair away from killing Dante and the main being one-shoted by taunt+rebellion that criticaled. And bringing a demon weak against fire to Hell Biker, resulting in a TPK from the stream of Hell Burners. (sincerity mode) Fun times.

I know what thats like, I couldn't beat Matador on my first attempt playing because my inugami (or whatever the name of that thing it turns into was) forgot "fog breath", probably the only way I have to counter his EVA/HIT modifications. And the battle against that Black Oni (the one who you can only tell apart from his duplicates at full "ingame-moonphase-equivilent" by looking at his shadow), that was a headscratcher. But I suppose I am derailing from the main topic, ElfCollaborators neat looking mod. Sorry for that.  :-[
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 05:31:06 pm »

Well, I've been toying with the idea of an SMT, but there were obvious problems.
Demon Taming in adventure mode
Should Demon's have there own civs?(Fairy Kingdom, Frost Kingdom, Angelic Order, Goetic Demon Order)
I might start it one day. My general plan is to have to opposing playable Civs (Gaians and Messians)

Anyway I'm curious to see how you handle certain spells. Agi(Fire) and Bufu(Ice) should be simple considering fireballs and ice spells have been done before, but spells like Garu/Zan(Wind) are a bit more abstract.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2012, 04:34:53 pm »

If we could change the hostility/friendliness of a target through interactions in adventure mode, demon taming might be possible.

Didn't I hear something about DFHack being able to read announcements and trigger effects based on them, though? Because DFHack can do precisely that.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 12:36:04 pm »

As I said in my other mod thread, I haven't abandoned this mod, but I'm currently low on 'being bothered to do this', as well as working on original mod work.

I'm considering turning this into full out SMT instead of concentrating on Persona. Suggestions?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 12:40:34 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2013, 05:10:45 am »

I guess bumping Lou's power up a notch or two compared to before would be appropriate.

YHWH as the ultimate megabeast.

A super rare secret that can transform your adventurer into the Demifiend.

Septentriones.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 05:13:34 am by Darvi »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2013, 10:41:47 am »

Remind me, since I have yet to retrawl through the behemoth that is my mod work folder what was Lou again?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2013, 12:36:23 pm »

You know. Louis Cypher.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2013, 12:39:06 pm »

Ah. Thanks.

I'm currently working on creating a relatively decent backstory for this mod and for Final Fantasy Mod with lore files, but I'll buff him next update.

I'm also contemplating turning this into full conversion.

radat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2014, 01:25:02 am »

I hate to admit this, but I can't find the writers workshop, in game, Do I need to move the file some where and just missed the instructions?  I DLed your FF mod as well, but hadn't tried it as I couldn't get this one to work, and am an avid lover of persona.  I'm both a late to dwarf fortress and mods, but like the ideas of both your mods.
Pages: 1 [2]