Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Invaders  (Read 1861 times)

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
Re: Invaders
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2014, 02:50:29 pm »

Start fort at year 5 get siege in 6. now it's 11 and  still no more invaders :(

I started a fort in year 5 in .34 and didn't get a whole lot of goblin sieges, despite accumulating over 10,000,000 wealth. Only got 2 real sieges and maybe 3 ambushes in 9 years of fort life. Lots of forgotten beast attacks, but not a lot of invaders.
In .34.11, I had a fort with over 100,000,000 wealth. Forgotten Beasts poured in like water out of a faucet, but no titans, one siege, two small ambushes, and zero megabeasts, semimegabeasts, or werebeasts.
I assume my position in the world (evil glacier) was to blame.
That and my military that was 100% death-dealing, despite being two to three people before I got archers.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 05:23:10 pm »

Do they invade other forts? Since everything's handled by wandering armies now, maybe they could be getting distracted by other targets?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2014, 05:38:55 pm »

I just had a 10 year fort that received one (1) invasion of about 8 goblins and one FB.  That's it.  Wealth was more than 4 mil, nothing.  Even the caverns were empty of all life.

Fort finally retired due to a complete inability of merchants to successfully path to my trade depot... no matter where I built it, they kept getting stuck. 
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

shevtsov200

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2014, 11:42:47 pm »

Your PC could not handle the next update =)
It's not PC's fault.

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2014, 04:45:31 am »

Do they invade other forts? Since everything's handled by wandering armies now, maybe they could be getting distracted by other targets?

Civs war with each other, invade, occupy and kill each other in the wider world as you adventure and build your own fortresses. Not just goblins.
Pages: 1 [2]