Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What happened to the elves?  (Read 622 times)

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What happened to the elves?
« on: July 21, 2014, 05:57:25 pm »

Since .40.03, the elves now bring nothing useful at all.  No wood, no seeds, no thread.  The only tradeable they have other than wooden garbage armor is fruit.  WTF?  Was this intended?
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Verjigorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to the elves?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 06:11:57 pm »

They are embargoing our wonderful culture, while simultaneously providing aid to the Trees that tear our fortress apart and kill our people. 

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 06:56:13 pm »

Worse, I think they're scared too!
Team Bug Fix!

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 07:19:38 pm »

They are embargoing our wonderful culture, while simultaneously providing aid to the Trees that tear our fortress apart and kill our people.

What!?!?  EMBARGO!?!?  This means war!  I mean, more war and elf genocide than we already do, anyway.
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 07:29:17 pm »

I was wondering this myself, but I just assumed it was intentional, with better and better trade resulting in larger caravans with more useful crap just like anyone else. Then again, I've also only been buying barrels and fruits because that's all I needed from them...