Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: It is terrifying AKA OH GOD I'M GONNA DIE  (Read 885 times)

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
It is terrifying AKA OH GOD I'M GONNA DIE
« on: July 14, 2014, 03:37:42 pm »

So it's thirteen in-game days into reclaiming a world-gem fort. I used the [U.]nit tab to zoom to a miner who was boldly exploring the old fort to see what I had and wether I could locate the FB that destroyed the site. Then I noticed something.

Citizens: (5)

!!5!!

[R]eports: No reports.
[A]nnouncements: Nothing pertinent.

Then I found them, this fortress has a 3x3 pit that the staircase is built around, the shaft reaches all the way down to the magma forges, there mangled corpses were lying there. One intact, the other spread across three z-levels. So which is more likely, the FB (or some other monster) is picking off my dwarves, or they were climbing the shaft and fell?
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: It is terrifying AKA OH GOD I'M GONNA DIE
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 03:59:54 pm »

Climbing and fell most likely.
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 04:04:23 pm »

Im trying to imagine the lemmings that the dwarves have become.  And then Im almost glad I decided to wait for a bugfix.  Almost.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 04:12:59 pm »

Honestly I don't have a problem with random climbing, as long as my dwarves have a spot to hang out. Meeting zone or wagon, statue garden or whatever.

Otherwise they try to climb all over the place and fall to their deaths.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 04:33:54 pm »

I'd be more OK with it if they actually trained climb skill by doing it. As I recall it's only grabbing hold while falling that trains climb, which makes it less useful.

The lemming syndrome is a bit of an issue. Not an insurmountable one, but it does make the early days a bit tricky.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.