Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarveswon't engrave memorial slabs  (Read 837 times)

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
Dwarveswon't engrave memorial slabs
« on: July 11, 2014, 06:45:27 pm »

Do they no longer need engraving, or is this a bug??

I had a migrant climb a tree and fall out within less than five rt moments of arriving.  One of her kids followed suit.  I have slabs, nothing is forbidden, blah blah, but they won't engrave them.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Codyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarveswon't engrave memorial slabs
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 07:05:32 pm »

I would suggest having the right labors on then, stone detailing, masonry, or stonecrafting. One of them would have to work.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 08:14:09 am »

I just successfully engraved one, FWIW
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Gukag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 09:08:35 am »

Have they been found dead or reported as missing yet? Afaik only then will they show up on the list. There was also a bug in past versions with caravan guards not being slabable, dunno if it persists in this version.