Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: custom reactions - addition of [EXPERIANCE:0] and [TIME:0] tokens  (Read 640 times)

SeelenJägerTee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For custom reactions, right now XP gain is linearly correlated with the amount of product created. The time it takes for a reaction to be performed also seems to increase with number of products.
For modding reactions this behavior can be highly undesirable.

I suggest introduction of two new tokens. The [XP:value] and the [TIME:value] tokens, defining the amount of XP gained per reaction performed and the time taken (in sec).

If the tokens are omitted the game could default to the current behavior.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: custom reactions - addition of [EXPERIANCE:0] and [TIME:0] tokens
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 02:59:13 pm »

Time taken in seconds makes no sense at all without knowing FPS. The TIME token would have to be in ticks instead.
It would be nice to have a [TICK_MUL:value] token instead that gives the basinc number of actions this reaction takes. Multiplied by ticks per action (speed od relay or whatever you want to call it, usually 10 ticks per action or less) of an individual, this would give a base time in ticks, which would be reduced by his skill at this labour.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 03:39:10 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 03:31:53 pm »

I would personally prefer raw, forced time more often than speed/skill-dependent time. I find skill influences to be comically unrealistic usually in how fast they make things. Without having raws to adjust skills and levels, therefore, I would rarely want to use a [TICK_MUL]. No matter what amount you set it to, the difference of experience is too large. so either unskilled folks are way too slow, or skilled folks are too fast.

But never hurts to have both tags!
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

SeelenJägerTee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 10:48:09 am »

Time taken in seconds makes no sense at all without knowing FPS. The TIME token would have to be in ticks instead.
It would be nice to have a [TICK_MUL:value] token instead that gives the basinc number of actions this reaction takes. Multiplied by ticks per action (speed od relay or whatever you want to call it, usually 10 ticks per action or less) of an individual, this would give a base time in ticks, which would be reduced by his skill at this labour.
Of course you are totally right with that one. Needs to be ticks not sec.