Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to Extract Plants.  (Read 10345 times)

Lobotomite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to Extract Plants.
« on: July 12, 2014, 11:05:48 am »

Since the new version, brewing has been changed to 'Extracting'. I have many un-successful attempts with making drinks with this change, making my various forts resort the drinking from ponds.

How do you make new drinks now?

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
Re: How to Extract Plants.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 11:11:02 am »

Extracting from plants does not produce alcohol, it produces a plant extract, which for the most part, is just a trade commodity.

In order to brew drinks, like previous versions, you require barrels and brewable plants. However, there is a bug whereupon if a barrel that stores, say plump helmets, is taken to store more plump helmets, the distillery will no longer list brew drink from plant, and cancel any brew job. Also, make sure that in the kitchen screen, your desired plants are selected for brewing.

If you cannot brew drinks but you have plants and barrels, turn off farming for a bit and see if that helps.

Lobotomite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 11:24:28 am »

Thanks for the advice, but I usually use pots instead of barrels. I don't know how to turn off farming.

If it helps I'm playing a recent mod for 40.02, called the reich mod. I'm playing as the soviets.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 11:31:06 am »

Pots work as barrels, if this is a mod related problem you need to ask in that thread.

AernJardos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 02:14:42 pm »

However, there is a bug whereupon if a barrel that stores, say plump helmets, is taken to store more plump helmets, the distillery will no longer list brew drink from plant, and cancel any brew job.
Aha! So that's the culprit. I was wondering why my brewers were freaking out about non-rotting brewable plant material. I was like, "you have 35 plump helmets right there! What's your problem?" Thanks for clearing that up.