Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Confused by people's actions in adventure mode  (Read 7606 times)

conductorbosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Confused by people's actions in adventure mode
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2014, 01:15:33 pm »

I'm getting bored with everybody fleeing before my Adequate swordsman peasant. Makes things pretty boring. I've gone into the raws and given every intelligent creature a BRAVERY personality trait of 10:62:95. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Wish there was a way to give bravery to creature types instead of individual creatures so it wouldn't take all day; is there?

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 08:31:11 am »

I'm getting bored with everybody fleeing before my Adequate swordsman peasant. Makes things pretty boring. I've gone into the raws and given every intelligent creature a BRAVERY personality trait of 10:62:95. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Wish there was a way to give bravery to creature types instead of individual creatures so it wouldn't take all day; is there?

This mod does practically what you want, except it adds the discipline skill to most creatures. It seems 0 discipline means full cowardliness, while novice discipline is how your average townsperson should behave.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2014, 08:33:26 am »

I just walked into a new human town, went to the temple and talked to a priest. Learned about local troubles etc. I left and walked towards a nearby market. Suddenly I noticed the "broken arrow" mark appear nearby, several merchants drew weapons and became "no quarter" hostile to me and to a few others. The priest then drew his knife and started to chase me, saying "Never!" when I asked to cease hostilities.

I wish we could ask the NPCs how they feel about our adventurer.

Welcome to Silent Hill.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

conductorbosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2014, 02:12:43 pm »

This mod does practically what you want, except it adds the discipline skill to most creatures. It seems 0 discipline means full cowardliness, while novice discipline is how your average townsperson should behave.

From what I can see that mod also adds dozens of attacks, which helps prioritize weapon use in Dorf mode but would make combat menu navigation in adventure mode a huge nightmare.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2014, 02:45:55 pm »

Yep, but using only the creature files in it, you can get the no-fleeing part, without the weapon modifications (though I like the new attacks personally, it also makes auto-attacking better in adventure mode.)
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

hagr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2014, 12:11:17 am »

Edit: replied to wrong thread.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 12:13:47 am by hagr »
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2014, 12:19:29 am »

Everything is messed up, you can enter a goblin dark fortress and they start killing each other, go to a tower and the zombies kill the necromancers, walk around a friendly city and people run from you and children stab you in the back.

Well, Toady did say there was a line that makes everyone want to knife-fight. He never said what state that switch would be in on release. :P
Pages: 1 [2]