Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Immigrants in 40.01  (Read 1020 times)

KtosoX

• Bay Watcher
  • Playing DF since 18.08.2010
    • View Profile
Immigrants in 40.01
« on: July 10, 2014, 05:02:22 pm »

So, I usually set up my military after the first immigration wave. Unfortunately, the first Goblin Siege (10 strong) came before any immigrants showed up.
My embark was on the same continent as my mountain homes with a clear land path. All 4 edges of the screen were open land. Is lack of immigrants some kind of glitchy oddity, or should I blame the gobos for their over zealousness?
Build a grid of floor grates above the entire city. Draft a squadron of masons and bomb the crap out of the city with falling constructed walls.
The Geneva Convention would like to have a word with you.
Quote from: Aleksanderus
I have clicked "d" in a forge and look what it did!

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
Re: Immigrants in 40.01
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 05:36:33 pm »

Pure speculation, but I wonder if the inaccessible mountain homes - a notable bug in adventure mode - could cause problems like this.

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Immigrants in 40.01
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 05:57:29 pm »

I also built a fortress in a similar location, and received a siege within the first year.  Granted mine was dwarf, human, and elvish bandits, but they got me good.  I did, however, receive 2 waves of immigrants in the first year, with a total of 22 squishy dwarves for the bandits to murder.  So immigrants do sometimes happen, but I can't say they will always happen.  I had a few old fortress in previous versions where no immigrants showed up for a year or two, and then they came pouring in.  Perhaps you were just unlucky.