Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So... Quests?  (Read 1304 times)

Arkansan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
So... Quests?
« on: July 09, 2014, 11:37:21 pm »

So do we not actually get quests now? It seems as if we just hear about things and can go investigate just because, which is cool. So am I missing something or is there a way to see quests I just don't know about.

Also when I start as a hearthman when I ask about duties they always just tell me to enjoy the peace. Anyone ever get a different answer, or is that not a thing yet?

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So... Quests?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 11:41:56 pm »

Quests aren't a thing in the sense they were with 34.11.
As with the hearth person thing, I've never been told to do anything, but I suspect if your group is at war, you might get a task.
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.

Maxmurder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 12:13:37 am »

If you ask someone about a rumor/event they will provide you with whatever information they have about it. If you choose the "ask for directions to 'x'" option, they will mark the location on your map. You can then see where it is im the (Q)uest log. Everything you do is under your own volition and many civilised people/groups wont be immediately hostile.

I started a hearthperson in a hamlet which was being harassed by bandits, and was told to protect the people when I asked about my duties. I then got into a fistfight when I walked up and punched the leader in the nose. (FYI biting someones throght counts as letal combat.)

The Sponge has become enraged!
Without a nervous system...
The only thing they can feel...
IS ANGER.

Arkansan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 12:26:56 am »

Cool. Thanks for the answer. I started in the midst of an insurrection, but I think it was squashed pretty quick as I was told to enjoy the peace by the lord. I mean I spawned in the midst of the lord and some swordsmen gang stomping a lone Goblin Hammerman.

kontako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 06:25:04 am »

I myself am still confused about the 'quest' task system. I was told about a group of local bandits living at a camp-site, and about the troubles they had been causing. I went to the camp-site, had a conversation with a couple of the friendly bandits (telling others I had killed their partners) who simply told me things were 'inevitable'. I decapitated their leader and brought her head back to the person who had told me about the bandits (in case I needed evidence) who also commented about the inevitability of the situation... he then continued to complain about the bandits, which there were none left of ( I double checked ).

Has anyone figured out how to claim success? -- I tried leaving and returning to the site to see if the rumour had spread, it hadn't.

- Also... a night creature refused to enter combat, and instead told me to leave.

Any ideas?  ???
"Confederacy of Businesses"?! By Armok's Blood! These Communist animals are CAPITALISTS!
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"
*gobbles menacingly*