Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So... uhh... open space that leads nowhere...  (Read 1106 times)

greatorder

So... uhh... open space that leads nowhere...
« on: July 08, 2014, 04:50:13 pm »

As with nearly everyone else, I'm playing the new update.

One thing that's happened is I seem to have created some non-euclidian space in a cavern after cutting down a spore tree that shouldn't have been in the first cavern layer.

It's a pit that leads down a single level. Well, should. What it leads down to is nothingness. There IS no open space underneath, just a layer of rock where, according to the layer above, there should be a surface.

My woodcutter took a trip down there and disappeared from the map.

Spoiler: images (click to show/hide)

I've sent a few dwarves around the area to see if it's just unexplored, but it's not, and, as I said, a dwarf fell into there and, as you can see in the first picture, must have DIED. I can't locate him ANYWHERE.

EDIT: After another few in-game weeks, the cavern below suddenly decided to appear. It's just a pit leading from one cavern to another.

PROBLEM SOLVED!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 04:52:02 pm by greatorder »

Zeranamu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Z
    • View Profile
Re: So... uhh... open space that leads nowhere...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 04:59:14 pm »

Woo solving!

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 06:46:04 pm »

I think roots are kinda messed up.  If you can see any bit of root, it exposes all the root squares for the tree (they stay exposed if the tree is chopped down).

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 06:57:19 am »

Shame about the solve.  For a while there, you had the perfect garbage- (and invader-) disposal chute.
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.