Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [BUG?] No Goblins  (Read 577 times)

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[BUG?] No Goblins
« on: July 09, 2014, 03:05:53 pm »

Ok so there are goblins, but in order for me to have them show up in my diplomacy I have to be 2 squares away. Unless it has changes, this would be that they don't interact with my fort.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [BUG?] No Goblins
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 03:42:31 pm »

I have genned 2 worlds so far.
In a pocket region this doesn't seem to be the case, everything is normal.
In a small region I have the same issue and it seems to be 2 squares on the world map too.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 03:37:25 am »

I've had worlds where this is not the case, and worlds where it is the case.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 06:57:20 am »

Haven't had time to systematically reproduce this, but next 2 worlds:
Pocket region - no problem

Small region - I start Fortress Mode, there are no Human neighbors (despite there being 2 human civs), I abort game, start Adventure Mode, all civs including 2 humans are present, abort again, back to Fort Mode, now Human neighbours are there, but Goblins only 2 squares from their sites....

The lack of humans might potentially be explained by them being wiped out in the 2 weeks of world gen before game start, but the Goblin thing is odd, since it wasn't there at first try... (Looking at Legends, the Humans were on the brink of losing a war to the Elfs, so that's probably that.)

EDIT:
Tried another batch of worlds, 1 pocket and 3 small worlds, none of which had the problem.

In the 2 affected worlds, there is nothing unusual with the Goblins in Legends mode, and geographically there is no reason why they shouldn't have access to the rest of the world.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 07:47:08 am by XXSockXX »