Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How and where should I look for a entry level programming job - Michigan  (Read 2503 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: How and where should I look for a entry level programming job - Michigan
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2014, 10:00:00 pm »

As I stated I would love to learn Java, in fact if any of you know a good place to start learning it that would be cool. The thing is that at the moment I don't how to and the jobs are not for entry level stuff (as in only a couple years experience, not specifically "entry" level) but things asking for a good bit of experience and I can't rightly claim it.

http://www.codecademy.com/en/tracks/javascript

It's probably not quite at your level (it's written for people with zero programming experience) but it should get you started.
JavaScript != Java
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: How and where should I look for a entry level programming job - Michigan
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 11:00:10 pm »

As I stated I would love to learn Java, in fact if any of you know a good place to start learning it that would be cool. The thing is that at the moment I don't how to and the jobs are not for entry level stuff (as in only a couple years experience, not specifically "entry" level) but things asking for a good bit of experience and I can't rightly claim it.

http://www.codecademy.com/en/tracks/javascript

It's probably not quite at your level (it's written for people with zero programming experience) but it should get you started.
JavaScript != Java

My bad.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 [2]