Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 10 ten List of people you want want to be berserk!  (Read 1413 times)

Pwned dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
10 ten List of people you want want to be berserk!
« on: July 05, 2014, 08:15:13 pm »

1. anyone that has VERY deadly syndrome on him
2. only armed soldier/armored soldier
3. only legendary soldier
4. hunter (crossbow)
5. miner (pick, he has a weapon and since all my miners are legendary, picks use mining skill, so you have a legendary enemy far from your traps)
6. woodcutter (axe, possibly steel when your soldiers have iron) (starts tantrum spirals with all the death he could make)
7. reg. dude that used to be a wrestler
8. reg. dude
9. reg. kid
10. reg. baby (poses no threat to mother, if the mom is still alive)

This list thinks losing is fun
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 03:16:26 pm by Pwned dwarf »

Panando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 10 ten List of people you want want to be berserk!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 09:14:55 pm »

I don't claim to entirely understand your list, but miners are infinitely more dangerous than woodcutters because the mining skill is actually the pick weapon skill, while the woodcutting skill is not the axe weapon skill (the axe skill is Axedwarf). A woodcutter merely cuts down poor innocent little trees that can't fight back, a miner brutally and viciously attacks rocks with his pick, fending off counter-attacks from the rock (presumably this is related to the phenomena about when a dwarf falls, he doesn't hit the ground, the ground hits him, with a series of blunt damage attacks). A woodcutter will die like any other civilian, but a miner is an expert at parrying incoming attacks (and bolts) and delivering accurate and devastating blows.
Punch through a multi-z aquifer in under 5 minutes, video walkthrough. I post as /u/BlakeMW on reddit.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 09:22:03 pm »

Isnt using a pick as a weapon under the hammerdwarf skill?

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 09:24:45 pm »

Picks use the Mining skill in combat.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 02:52:13 am »

Picks use the Mining skill in combat.

Never underestimate a pissed off legendary miner with a good steel pick. Even the forgotten beasts need fear them.

I think the worst dwarf I've almost had go berserk on me was an Legendary Vampire Hammerlord decked out in full masterwork steel armor with a named silver war hammer. She had massive skill in all her defensive skills as well.

She got loose during the rather spectacular failure of the new dragon powered defense system during a massive siege. The goblins and troll elite that had survived the dragon fire apocalypse in the west entrance came bursting into the area that had served as a prison for her and her pack of pet dogs for the last decade. She tore the elite enemies to shreds in a fury of hammer blows while dodging blasts of dragon fire, but at the end of the battle all her canine friends lay dead.

Needless to say she was not a very happy vampire after that. Her happiness went down to 0, she hadn't fed in years, and now she was free in my fort. Armok must have had mercy on her tortured soul and those of my dwarves for she did not go mad despite all this. Rather than take her terrible vengeance for all those years of imprisonment, she just wandered to the nearest hospital, sat down and took her first nap in centuries.

I'm not sure how we would have stopped her had she gone berserk. It would have been very bloody.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 03:34:09 am by Melting Sky »

Pwned dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 03:13:32 pm »

I don't claim to entirely understand your list, but miners are infinitely more dangerous than woodcutters because the mining skill is actually the pick weapon skill, while the woodcutting skill is not the axe weapon skill (the axe skill is Axedwarf). A woodcutter merely cuts down poor innocent little trees that can't fight back, a miner brutally and viciously attacks rocks with his pick, fending off counter-attacks from the rock (presumably this is related to the phenomena about when a dwarf falls, he doesn't hit the ground, the ground hits him, with a series of blunt damage attacks). A woodcutter will die like any other civilian, but a miner is an expert at parrying incoming attacks (and bolts) and delivering accurate and devastating blows.
ok ok i'll edit the post