Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cannibals!  (Read 1140 times)

TheSlimeGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cannibals!
« on: July 08, 2014, 09:20:29 am »

Erm, I'm waiting for my BugTracker account to get verified so I can post this but I thought I'd whack it here too in case anyone else has seen it or it is a more common occurrence than I realise.

I was going through Legends in my newly generated DF 0.40.01 world when I came across a Dwarf who had killed a small handful of Elves only to eventualyl be killed and DEVOURED by an Elf.  I Checked out the Elf to see if she was anything special but nope, just a regular ol' Elf clothier.  So I examined a few more and it seems Elves now have a taste for Dwarven flesh as I have yet to find one that has eaten a Human.

I don't recall this being 'normal' behaviour for Elves in the past..?
"Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given."

Sorg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • EnglishWithCoffee
Re: Cannibals!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 09:37:43 am »

Erm, I'm waiting for my BugTracker account to get verified so I can post this but I thought I'd whack it here too in case anyone else has seen it or it is a more common occurrence than I realise.

I was going through Legends in my newly generated DF 0.40.01 world when I came across a Dwarf who had killed a small handful of Elves only to eventualyl be killed and DEVOURED by an Elf.  I Checked out the Elf to see if she was anything special but nope, just a regular ol' Elf clothier.  So I examined a few more and it seems Elves now have a taste for Dwarven flesh as I have yet to find one that has eaten a Human.

I don't recall this being 'normal' behaviour for Elves in the past..?
Elves are cannibals (and they were cannibals in previous versions).
Intelligent is a strong word to use around DF.
you're lucky it wasn't an adventurer.  I've heard they can bash your skull in by throwing water at you.  UNDERWATER

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 09:41:33 am »

You keep what you kill.

nomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 09:57:08 am »

can confirm that this is intended behaviour and not a bug

whats awesome is that no matter your race you can turn cannibal in adventure mode. no more "you're not that hungry" you can butcher you kills and eat their hearts
RARRR... I'm a big bad Falcon Demon named Murray who doesn't know what a Legendary Miner is. I'm a MONSTAAA! RARRRR! Oh, oh, pick in my brain. Down I go.

TheSlimeGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 10:09:43 am »

Well how about that.  I've never seen them do it before!  Nasty little beggars..
"Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given."

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 12:17:09 pm »

You could do it DF2012, because the trouble was butchering, not actually eating. All you had to do was find sentient meat in a night troll lair.