Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarfs disabling labors  (Read 690 times)

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarfs disabling labors
« on: July 03, 2014, 01:05:08 pm »

Every now and then I'll notice there aren't that many dwarfs moving stuff around and I'll check Therapist. What I'll find is that ~75% of my dwarfs have disabled all their hauling labors except for burial and one other. I have also found Mason being turned off.

My google-fu turned up a bug report with labors turning off when dwarfs become heroes, but very few of my dwarfs are in the military, much less becoming heroes(none of those).
Could this be an issue with Therapist?
Or is there a problem enabling labors on nearly every dwarf?

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarfs disabling labors
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 01:14:09 pm »

Therapist includes a 'Labour Optimiser' utility which can turn labours on and off according to limits you set, so it's possible you've accidentally turned that on.  Otherwise I have no idea what could cause that.
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 01:14:52 pm »

That's strange.  I don't suppose you have the dfhack autolabor plugin enabled? 
You could check by typing 'autolabor' in the dfhack console.

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 01:31:11 pm »

i have recently (this fort and some of previous) been running dfhack. I don't think I enabled autolabor, but if I did yeah, I'll want to turn that off.

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 10:13:42 am »

Typing "enable" into DFHack will list all the plugins you have, and whether they're enabled.
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.