Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Update script for Linux users  (Read 747 times)

Guardia

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Update script for Linux users
« on: November 19, 2007, 01:17:00 am »

I whipped up a little update script for any Linux users that are interested. It was more to just get used to writing scripts than anything else, but I thought I would let those who want it have a look. It's also released under GNU, once again for practice on my end. That being said it's likely not the most effective way to get the job done, but it works for me. I would be very interested to hear any comments you have about it.

Make sure to read the readme before you post about any issues. I laid out the conditions I'm running it in as clearly as I could.

Download

I'll likely add an option to update from a previously downloaded file instead of downloading from a mirror at some point (for if you downloaded from a torrent etc.). For now I just wanted to see what people thought.

Update: Here's an updated version. I added the ability to update/fresh install from a local file and tidied up the script a little. I plan on optimizing the script a little more at some point, but for now this will do.

[ November 20, 2007: Message edited by: Guardia ]

Edit: Changed the link again. I had this change on my personal copy for a while now, but didn't get around to re uploading. It had to do with a copy that would verify each and every file that it was copying and ask you for confirmation.

[ February 24, 2008: Message edited by: Guardia ]

Dedas

• Bay Watcher
  • The dwarf next door
    • View Profile
Re: Update script for Linux users
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 05:33:00 am »

Hey! Great work. Now if Toady could ever port this game to Linux... I'm getting 10 more fps in Windows than in Wine. Frustrating.