Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to likely is it to get FUN creatures?  (Read 818 times)

nimbus25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to likely is it to get FUN creatures?
« on: June 29, 2014, 03:39:36 pm »

I got bored and decided to check out my world's legends. I noticed that there is at least one living female and one living male roc in the world. How likely would it be for both of them to show up?

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
Re: How to likely is it to get FUN creatures?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 04:01:26 pm »

It depends on a number of factors, such as:

Are there any other semi/megabeasts that could attack?
Is your fort wealthy enough?
Are the creatures in question close by or on an entirely different continent?

Besides that, getting two genders of the same species is difficult, as you need to have both of them attack your fort. If you wish to breed them, you obviously have to get both of them alive, which is a hassle.
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

nimbus25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 04:36:24 pm »

It depends on a number of factors, such as:

Are there any other semi/megabeasts that could attack?
Is your fort wealthy enough?
Are the creatures in question close by or on an entirely different continent?

Besides that, getting two genders of the same species is difficult, as you need to have both of them attack your fort. If you wish to breed them, you obviously have to get both of them alive, which is a hassle.

For capturing them, I have no problem spamming cage traps EVERYWHERE on the map and just waiting.
And yes, there are other semi/megabeasts that could attack, and the wealth question is really just how patient I am in playing the game.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 08:33:15 am »

i approve of spamming cage traps  :D all those random animals you catch can be useful too
anyway, 1 of each gender doesn't seem like very good odds to me, surely you can get better than that with a few different tries?
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness