Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: pros/cons of dead civs  (Read 2155 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: pros/cons of dead civs
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2014, 03:03:24 pm »

Dead ones don't fit the spirit of realism, which I do try to hold to in a grand sense.
??
It's not possible for 7 dwarves to be the last of a civilization? Seems perfectly realistic.

If you don't like them popping up out of nowhere, then just:
1) Look in legends, find the moment they went extinct.
2) Rerun the world with the same seed, stopping the year immediately after.
3) Embark, and now it's only been a year, maybe only a few months, since extinction. They were very easily explainably simply in hiding from whatever the last battle was. Proceed as normal.

Yea, Im aware.  Im offering an opinion and perspective.

Its not just the S7, its also the waves after.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: INCREASE_FPS: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2014, 01:28:12 am »

The waves after add to the realism,  really -  it's less likely for all the survivors of the extinction to all stay in one group.  Instead,  one group of survivors sets  out to establish lodgings ere winter entombs them and the others hear about it and come over to join them.
"But I tell you what the Queen wants is impossible. The story of her mandate to create floodgates in our desert fortress cannot be told in less than 314160 stanzas! Art bows not to any dwarf!"

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2014, 08:40:59 am »

I recently played a fort like this; the only dwarven civ had been dead for a few hundred years. Despite the mountainhomes being long gone, you may still get dwarven caravans, somehow (I did), as well as migrant waves generated out of thin air like the first two waves. Traders are very likely to come the next year as migrants, so watch out for bugs associated with that.
Pages: 1 [2]