Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Military not obeying equipment orders?  (Read 1339 times)

Cryp18Struct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Military not obeying equipment orders?
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 08:00:49 am »

I had a quick look:

- squad 'The Royal Steel' has lowest priority (military -> equip -> Priority [m, e, P])
- 'Pound' is hogging steel armor. (he is the first member of the first squad in priority, other members of his squad also have chosen steel)

Putting 'The Royal Steel' at first place in the priority list should resolve this. In my quick test 'Pound' did not give up the armor parts immediately, so i removed his assigned stuff and bishop got the steel armor pieces.
http://imgur.com/gGZanmZ
Basically the guys with 'metal armor' assigned can chose steel pieces and because they are higher in the priority list nothing is left for 'The Royal Steel'.

Something different: because you order your dwarfs to wear armor above their clothing they can not equip some armor pieces(helmets notably). Those end up marked for usage but still sitting in your armor stockpile.

Hope this helps.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 11:44:39 pm »

I still don't get it, I had steel armor in my stockpiles for forever. It was unclaimed and sat there for several seasons. If My first in line dwarf claimed it, why wasn't he using it?

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2014, 01:53:19 am »

I still don't get it, I had steel armor in my stockpiles for forever. It was unclaimed and sat there for several seasons. If My first in line dwarf claimed it, why wasn't he using it?
Generically?  Because he was a hunter, miner, or lumberjack and thus had a different uniform when he was working.
Pages: 1 [2]