Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Magic/Science Apocalypse Survival RP Interest Check  (Read 820 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Magic/Science Apocalypse Survival RP Interest Check
« on: July 01, 2015, 07:24:12 pm »

Hey I was thinking about starting an apocalypse survival RP, but wasn't sure if there would be tons of interest. It would be pretty free form, but it will include cybernetics, mutations, zombies, monsters, magic, gods, and whatever else I decide to throw in. The general theme is that the world (more advanced than ours) ended when our universe collided with the magical universe. As a result, the two are mixed like oil and water. They are integrated, but not exactly mixed into one. Besides that, you have to survive the apocalypse as monsters of all sorts roam the lands.

Players would start as a normal citizen from either universe. Military from each side are allowed, but may be assigned inventories/starting locations. Once the game starts they may gain power in any of the three. All players act separately on a turn basis.

The apocalypse was completely unpredicted and caught everyone by surprise. Many people died as the two worlds competed for space in the same location. As a result there are transference borders (areas where the two worlds crashed). You can tell where these are because the terrain of one world will end abruptly as the next starts. In addition, transference storms still occasionally rage. These change the layout of areas they touch dramatically. Some areas are more stable than others. The less stable areas are mostly in ruins now. Besides that, the two worlds exist on the same plane of existence. I'll crystallize the story more if I get some interest.

If interested, submit a character using the template below:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 09:30:26 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
Re: Magic/Science Apocalypse Survival RP Interest Check
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 08:58:03 pm »

Sounds cool are there any RPG races Elf dwarf orc etc?
No sig yet

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 09:22:23 pm »

Interested. PTW.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 09:27:53 pm »

Sounds cool are there any RPG races Elf dwarf orc etc?

Yup, its high fantasy meets cyberpunk. Everything that's traditionally (and widely) included in those can make an appearance here. But to be one of those, you have to come from the magic world. Science land is humans only (like the real world).
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 09:39:11 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My elf character
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 07:00:48 pm by Bluexdog »
No sig yet

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 06:58:05 pm »

Accepted, but a fantasy character wouldn't start with those clothes (as they are from our world) and would likely start with a tunic or something like that.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 07:00:56 pm »

Accepted, but a fantasy character wouldn't start with those clothes (as they are from our world) and would likely start with a tunic or something like that.

Fixed
No sig yet

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 07:17:51 pm »

I'll be watching for now. Probably will post a sheet if I like the way it plays.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 10:19:39 pm »

Well I'm not sure this sorta RP will work with one person.