Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Are vampires and other unliving beings affected by husking clouds?  (Read 806 times)

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The title pretty much explains my question; has anyone done science on whether vampires, and necromancers, both of which are already undead if memory serves me correctly, can be made into husks by evil clouds? I recall that a husk adventurer cannot become a vampire or necromancer, but what about the reverse?

If there's no answer at this time, I'd be happy to try and test this at some point.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Grahar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Are vampires and other unliving beings affected by husking clouds?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 01:05:01 pm »

If you can trust the wiki, then yes.
Also, I remember that someone at the museum became a husk after becoming a vampire or a necromancer, I do not remember which one it was.
Edit: It was a necromancer. I am not sure if the same thing would happen for a vampire (vampires don't need to breath, unlike necromancers).
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 01:10:28 pm by Grahar »
I am an or-di-na-ry dwarf
burning down the !!fort!!

PaleBlueHammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Are vampires and other unliving beings affected by husking clouds?
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 05:00:20 pm »

The title pretty much explains my question; has anyone done science on whether vampires, and necromancers, both of which are already undead if memory serves me correctly, can be made into husks by evil clouds? I recall that a husk adventurer cannot become a vampire or necromancer, but what about the reverse?

If there's no answer at this time, I'd be happy to try and test this at some point.

I'm not certain, but I do know that in my little universe, the presence alone of a husking cloud pretty much means an abandoned fortress.  Husking clouds are some bullcrap!
Quote from: misko27
If adamantine is revealed for more then 2 years without being completely mined it all turns into galena. Useless, Useless Galena.