Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Post  (Read 733 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

"Human history is a bloody, war-torn book, full of miracles, written in tears, authored by slaves, and published by heroes. If we are not alone in the universe, I fear what our colleagues may think of us, for we are capable of both the holiest good and the most unspeakable evil." -Unknown

It was a normal work day. You were sitting in your cubicle, chatting with your neighbor, when suddenly, a loud explosion drowned out every other sound in the room. Frozen, you sat, shocked into silence, until you felt the ground under your feet start to move. As the building started to fall, everything turned to black.

You wake up in a stew of concrete and rebar, limbs broken, bleeding, barely able to breath. You just barely manage to raise your head an inch, and look towards the street. You see about a dozen...soldiers, it looks like, wearing body armor and red-visored gas masks. They begin combing the wreckage, and you are just about to call to them, when, suddenly, a hand goes up in front of the leader. Without missing a step, the rifle goes up, and a single bullet is fired. The soldier casually kicks the body out of his way, and continues walking. As one of the soldiers nears you, you black out again.

Well, things don't look that great for you, kid. I make a point of not letting people die without knowing their name, so, who are you?

...you hear voices when you die, right?

I know, I know, you had a useless white collar job, but everyone has a hobby, right? Tell me what it is, it might come in handy. While you're at it, you might as well tell me what you like to pretend you're good at.

I don't have the best eyes, so if you could describe what you look like, that'd be grand.

Finally, I can't let you through the gates if you're carrying anything off, so what do you have on you?

((Name, Age, Gender. Primary Skill, Two Secondary Skills, Description, Inventory (no weapons bigger than a pocketknife.)))

A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Re: Post
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 11:50:59 am »

Posting to watch
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 10:34:20 am »

(...hate to bump my own thread, but any suggestions?)
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 10:46:53 am »

Name: Serbis Dariaus
Primary skill: Hand to hand combat (years of martial arts self defense classes as a hobby)
Secondary skills: Sneak (after a few near accidents during long meetings Serbis learned to sneak in and out of meetings) Hacking/Programing (His job lightly dealt with customizing his computer and others and setting up firewalls)
Description: 5'10" brown hair ,green eyes, medium build
Inventory: small can of peper spray, broken pen, and dead phone
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 11:05:56 am »

Name: Alexis Rhodes
Primary Skill: Fitness (To keep herself active beyond the boring days of ordinary life, Alexis was an active participant in the local mud runs.
Secondary: Small Arms (Dad was a bit of an outdoorsman; he used to take you to the range every once and a while when you were a kid. She's no longer a practicing shooter, but she remembers bits and pieces.) Survival (Also inherited from Dad's many camping trips out into the woods.)
Description: 5,8" thin brown hair tied up into a bun, blue eyes, medium, but fit build.
Inventory: Glasses, Survival Rope Wristband, and a Functioning Pen.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 11:49:26 am »

Nice to meet you, Alexis. Now, I assume you understand what to do? Walk towards the light, et cetera.

You stand up, trying to find out where the voice is coming from, only for a sudden jolt to knock you off your feet.

Oh, dear. Appears someone isn't letting you go yet. Well, don't worry. I'll be seeing you again soon.

A dull, smoky light appears under you, sucking you away from the voice, as everything goes dark again.

You wake up on a makeshift bedroll, with a roaring headache and a parched throat. You look around and see that you appear to be in some sort of shack, thrown together out of scrap steel and rock. You sit up and notice a small table to your left, with a few items of notice on it. Namely, a pistol and a couple of magazines, a chunk of bread, a bottle of water, and, finally, a piece of paper, with what looks like a map drawn on it.

Huh. This is....not where you were when I first found you, Lex. Someone must have dragged you out of there.

((I probably should've waited for better consensus, but I wanted to get the game started.))
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 12:15:50 pm »

First and foremost, get some water in your system and sit down. Dehydration is no laughing matter.

Then let's take a look at that map.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 01:42:36 pm »

Your arm darts out and grabs the water bottle, opening it up and taking a long drink. As your headache fades and your throat recovers, you reach out for the piece of paper. It appears to be a map, with red and green lines, blue dots, and a few, scattered purple squares. Before you can completely digest the information, you notice some sprawling writing in the lower left corner, and begin to read.

Welcome to the railroad. Right now, you're in a shack, safely hidden from the Reds. You're probably confused as to what, exactly, happened, so let me explain quickly.

The giant pile of rubble I pulled you out of was created a few days back, when this army appeared out of thin air. Soldiers, wearing full body armor and masks, wielding guns we'd never seen before. We call 'em Reds, because of the masks. People resisted, of course, but anyone who provided the tiniest bit of resistance was shot, and they would level city blocks just to kill a squad of rebels. This little group managed to survive and get out of the city, and build ourselves a little enclave, hidden from the Reds. For the past few days, we've been trying our hardest to help people escape them, but most who survived the initial invasion were executed or rounded up in camps. If you can get to the purple square on the map, we'll take you in, no matter who you are or who you were. Don't lose this map, even if it means you have to destroy it.

Oh, dear. Things do not look good for humanity. Well, you might as well try to figure out how to get to that purple square he was talking about.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext