Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The world of my dream  (Read 2336 times)

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The world of my dream
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2014, 12:46:30 am »

I think there might be a method to refuse caravan, but havent tried it out.

It seems that if anyone shown as "merchant" from the previous dwarven caravan has not left, the next caravan won't come. And guards do not go insane. If you manage to retain a guard from the first one, future caravans should not arrive. That guard should be alive for at least decades before dying from old age.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2014, 08:23:20 am »

I thought "no migrants" was caused by your dwarves' civilization being wiped out, or nearly wiped out, during world gen.  So if you embark twice in the same world, but from different civilizations, the first one might be wiped out, but the second one might not.  You need to pick your civilization (it's on one of the embark Tab screens).
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2014, 06:09:45 pm »

>> vjek

Unfortunately, I have got some migrants in your "no_migrants_demonstrated" world. I will try another one though. How did you generate these worlds?

I mean, I abandoned your fortress in "no_migrants_demonstrated" world and started new in the place, I liked. Somehow, I have got migrants. Probably it depends from certain location. Perharps I will write a suggestion to add the option to game, so dwarves can live alone from migrants and caravans))
Generated normally in vanilla DF, I don't recall anything special, but the worldgen parameters can always be exported, so you can look for yourself.
It may be the location of the embark, but.. I don't recall that being something special.
If you're not playing with vanilla DF, though, all bets are off as far as reproducing the condition.
Pages: 1 [2]