Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unable to make Adamantite strands?  (Read 929 times)

Bazul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Unable to make Adamantite strands?
« on: June 15, 2014, 11:52:26 pm »

Hey everyone. I've been playing DF for a while now, but was never particularly ambitious. In my struggles to keep my fort stable, I tend to wall off my fort and rely entirely on traps/drowning pits/waiting invasions out, in order to avoid combat.

So for the first time, I have a perfectly stable fort, and decided to finally take an interest in combat after striking Adamantite (and praising the miners).

However, I can't figure out how to create Adamantite strands. I gave the help file a thorough read through, it did mention that the strand extraction labor is now praying. I gave one of my dwarves that labor, and that labor only, but he still does not take the job at the craftdwarves workshop. I also checked my shrine of Armok, and it contained no strand extraction job. Where am I going wrong?

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, none of he current threads seemed relevant.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Bazul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to make Adamantite strands?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 03:27:10 am »

Sorry, I figured this wasn't specific to dwarves, so I posted it here, since I found nothing about it after searching those two threads.

I'll go ask in the dwarf thread I guess, thanks.