Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Author Topic: The Centrian Arena - Gladatorial Management Game [Discontinued]  (Read 19402 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: The Centrian Arena - Gladatorial Management Game [Week 2]
« Reply #315 on: May 27, 2014, 06:27:00 pm »

Well... I just finished Rolepgeek's fight flavor and such. I just want you guys to know roughly where I am. On the bright side I should be reconstructing some things to make Week 4 take much less time to do. It's really a simply thing to mess about with. So that's a happy thing.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: The Centrian Arena - Gladatorial Management Game [Discontinued]
« Reply #316 on: May 28, 2014, 07:20:19 pm »

Of all my forum games this is probably among the top three in terms of fun flavor. I loved talking about the gladiators and such. I had big plans for each of them as far as developement goes. The problem lies in the system. The way it is now it can take me up to three hours to do an update [if I'm quick] and the amount of gladiators you guys would have eventually had [around 14] made me realize that this game would collapse later.

Does this mean that Jig, John, and the others are lost forever? No. It simply means that I'm going to end THIS particular game. I'll be attempting to work on a different Gladiator game [similar in most cases, just a bit easier to handle]. I know this probably isn't much of a consolation but... Well if you've ever played Disciples II you'll know just how much work I had to do each update.

I'd like to say that I"m sorry, because I am... I hope that when I figure out a gladiator game that is less cumbersome you'll all return to resume your climb to the top of the ranks...

As an aside, Jig lasted three rounds and dodged five attacks [in a row] in round 2. Isaac went out in the first round.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #317 on: May 28, 2014, 07:32:57 pm »

Nice work Nerjin. I'd say this was a success.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 15, 2014, 11:30:55 am »

I never got to play, but it was a blast to watch. I'll see you when the next game is ready.

Please, do whatever is the simplest and most manageable for you as a GM. If I may make a suggestion, how about a more Individual Gladiator focused system, where instead of school owner, the player takes the role of coach/trainer/agent? This is just a suggestion of course, you're more than capable enough to know how to set up a great game.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]