Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 5.02: Mysterious disappearing buildings  (Read 732 times)

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
5.02: Mysterious disappearing buildings
« on: June 09, 2014, 08:58:46 pm »

Running 5.02, I just had a bunch of coffins and workshops *disappear*.  The contained items and construction materials are lying around, like someone deconstructed them.  No messages or anything, just *poof*.  I did not see it happen, but the first time I noticed it was after running a "discover metallurgy" job.  There is no line of sight from the researcher's to the destroyed buildings but starting that job was the only thing that happened in the fort recently.  I did use make_legendary on a bonecarver finishing an artifact (haven't decided if I like the slow training bit that downgrades the results of artifacts, and this one happened to be over 100K in value), but that was also nowhere near the "event".

Any ideas?  Hopelessly corrupted or what?  I'm trying to decide whether to back up to the seasonal save, go forward with the inexplicable loss and see what happens, or download 5.05 and start fresh.  Or all of the above.   8)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: 5.02: Mysterious disappearing buildings
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 09:13:03 pm »

Nothing in the mod could affect this. Sounds like they were simply toppled/deconstructed by someone in a tantrum, or you got building destroyer thieves (Fortress Defense Jotuns for example) lose in your fort.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 12:37:01 am »

Hmm, a building destroyer thief would be a cool explanation but I have the whole fortress defense set turned off.  It's fun enough without.   ;)   And no messages about tantrums, lowest happiness is content.  I agree though that the visual result looks like a deconstruction.  Good to have confirmation that it's not the result of something in the mod, I was thinking explosion or magic.  Thanks  :)

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 01:05:47 am »

Make that a building destroyer friendly diety.  Random forum reading turned up someone else with a similar problem.   8)  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139028.0