Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trouble creating a hermit embark with GUI  (Read 944 times)

Blueboots23

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Trouble creating a hermit embark with GUI
« on: June 07, 2014, 10:04:23 pm »

When I finally got around to finally updating my Masterwork files, I noticed the new GUI has various embark settings available. However, when I attempted to change the group number and embarkation points, it wouldn't transfer in-game, even when trying out all the embark templates. I'm trying to begin a survival game with a single dwarf--a PTSD Woodburner in a Terrifying environment, but I keep ending up with 7 dwarves! Anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?  :-\

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble creating a hermit embark with GUI
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 10:32:15 pm »

try the slam command in df hack to remove the excess hardcoded 7 minimum dwarves and future migrants, autodump+destroy their remains create items carvem some slabs, for more fun embark as an itemless warlock with skeleton minions, (must bring a pick or axe as they don't have access to training axes in the carpenter)

then be a man and settle the crystal cavern.. and have your ghoul squad get "charmed by floating brains at the end of the second year... damnit fun...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 10:35:30 pm by Fairin »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 04:41:56 am »

It shouldnt be used to lower the amount of dwarves... I think 4 or 5 is the lowest you can get before the game crashes.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 01:54:52 pm »

Startdwarf shouldn't crash - this is what I get when attempting to set the number of dwarves below 7:
Code: [Select]
[DFHack]# startdwarf 1
E: RuntimeError: ./hack/scripts/startdwarf.rb:5: too low
 ./hack/scripts/startdwarf.rb:5
 (eval):7:in `load'
 (eval):7
 (eval):7:in `catch'
 (eval):7
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.