Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: removing [PERMITTED_JOB] has no effect on job??  (Read 792 times)

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
removing [PERMITTED_JOB] has no effect on job??
« on: June 22, 2014, 01:09:19 am »

One of those things that seems crazy to be a bug, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Removing, for instance, [PERMITTED_JOB:MASON] from the dwarf entity, then starting a new world, it stops me from assigning embark points to that job, but that's it. I can still turn on masonry labor for dwarves, which allows them to build masons shops and make stone tables and stuff
??
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: removing [PERMITTED_JOB] has no effect on job??
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 01:12:36 am »

Yes.

If you remove all jobs from one category (lets say fishing, fish cleaning and fish dissection) then you cant toggle them ingame anymore, because the category gets removed.

Dwarf Therapist will ignore this however and still enable these jobs if you want.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 07:29:25 am »

This is a limitation I ran into when I wanted to remove bowyers. You have to remove woodcutting as well which is something we don't want to do in almost any scenario.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 04:12:07 pm »

I bug reported it (wasn't one before, it's apparently a side effect of an old, opposite bug he overshot on somehow)
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.