Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Perpetual meeting  (Read 466 times)

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Perpetual meeting
« on: June 18, 2014, 06:51:06 pm »

I have had a dwarf with the job of "attend meeting" for nearly a year.  The dwarf arrived as a migrant already unhappy, so when I first saw it I assumed they were going to go yell at the mayor. Now the dwarf is content, but still has that job. She won't do anything else. Any ideas what is going on, or how to reset her?

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perpetual meeting
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 07:48:29 pm »

Disable all the Mayor's labors.  If the Mayor is in a squad, make sure the squad is Inactive, and does not have a barracks assigned (or else the Mayor may decide to do individual weapon drills all day & all night...).

Wouldn't hurt to make sure the Mayor has an office, too.  I don't know whether Mayors can Conduct meetings without one.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 08:03:35 pm »

The mayor has conducted meetings with the outpost rep multiple times, so I don't think proper office is an issue.

Panando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 09:01:32 pm »

Usually in these kind of cases we recommend injuring the offending dwarf and seeing if it fixes the problem. A spell in hospital is known to be therapeutic. Upright spikes linked to levers (you can build spikes under dwarves), and 2-z falls, are well-known therapeutic aids.

Less extreme measures include putting her in a burrow, or recruiting her, which might force her to abandon her current "job".
Punch through a multi-z aquifer in under 5 minutes, video walkthrough. I post as /u/BlakeMW on reddit.